Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

#CMC11 My Cognitive Biases

I went to the wikipedia link as directed in preparation for Glen Gatin's session. It is a list of cognitive biases:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

And, an impressive list it is!

Here are two I admit to:

planning fallacy: yes, I often underestimate the time it will take to complete a project.

reactance (the urge to do the opposite of what someone tells you): I admit mostly to the urge, since I'm also someone who at least thinks I challenge my urges and step back from the action if the reason is simply to assert my independence. But, I confess to sometimes giving in to that urge to make such an assertion.








1 comment:

  1. same here, planning fallacy but especially reactance.... yes, yes. Aka "Imp of the Perverse" syndrome after the Poe story

    ReplyDelete